Tuesday, January 4, 2011

why so soon

I sleep until the middle of every day.
I wake up and my brain is trying to break out of my skull,
I can't move my head, my spine is no where to be seen.
The phone is ringing.. my brain is too preoccupied to answer.
Why did you do this to me?
I haven't been right since I met you.
Everything is off balance.
The first time we met, I fell for you...
I hit my head and it hurt me like crazy.
You carried me to the car and cared for me.
I fell, and I fell for you.
My head hasn't been right ever since.
Irrational.
Angry.
Frustrated.
Jealous.
Insane.
When I'm with you, I just want to stab you in the heart with an icicle.
When we're apart... all I want to do is be near you.
You bring out the worst in me,
or maybe its the best.
I always loved my sinister self.
But I'm the only one.
I have to leave this place.
I have to get away from you.
And you ask me why so soon.
And I tell you I just need to leave.
As much as I can't stand being away from you,
that feeling is no where near as great as how much I can't stand being near you.
And you ask me why so soon.
And I tell you its not soon enough.

2 comments: